Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Interview with Demetra Dossi, author of "Pigchic, fashion, love, bad luck"

Many already know Pigchic, a fashion and lifestyle blog very entertaining, which we had already talked about here. Today comes the first novel in a bookstore Demetra Dossi, fashion blogger and author of "Pigchic, fashion love bad luck", published by Rizzoli. A novel, tells the same title, featuring Daphne, the star, moving between events and mundane and trendy cocktails, small problems every day, and big dreams.

From bloggers to writer: how does this novel? The novel is born thanks to a series of fortunate events. After being cited in an article in Corriere della Sera, in February of 2010, my blog has reached the ears of the narrative section of Rizzoli. The way I write and talk about fashion liked it and so began the adventure.

Who knows and reads your blog knows you're a fashion blogger a bit 'outside the box, and the protagonist of the book, Daphne, seems to be inspired by you: what's in the book autobiographical? The book is not my autobiography. In writing the novel I took inspiration from my life but most of the anecdotes, dialogues and events recounted in the book are a figment of my imagination.

The character of the protagonist is not the same as mine. Daphne is so clumsy, passionate about fashion and always with his head in the clouds like me, but in many respects different from my character. And 'more courageous and bold. Do you think the release of the book is also a way to test the waters and see how many / of your fellow bloggers will support you? This is a question that I never post.

Support from the community blogger is certainly welcome and many people have already made to give voice to my book. However I try to do my best to walk with my legs without any base promotion on the help of others. You are born and live on the Web, and for the release of the book have created a site ad hoc promotion will go through blogs and sites? You think of any particular initiative for those who follow you anywhere? Place much anywhere.

Not by chance that I'm preparing some spin-off and a series of pictures related to the plot of the book will publish in the coming weeks on the website of the book. There is some curious anecdote that we want to tell the time when writing? After the book, in the revision phase, the team of Rizzoli and I have noticed that everything was orange for me.

Orange pants, orange chairs, tablecloths, orange, orange bags, ... and to think that orange is one of those colors that just do not like. Is there any "pebble in the shoe" that you want to remove? Or that you took writing the novel? Some stones are there but I keep them for me ;-) Do you think this novel can also be a "kind of liberation" against those who think that fashion blogger = empty tire? I'm not the first blogger to have written a book and I do not think I'll be the last.

I do not think my novel would be a form of redemption but it certainly gives hope to all those people, is not that bloggers, who dream of building a career in fashion. Who did you dedicate your book? To all those who have a dream. There will be presentations, opportunities to meet with your fans / supporters? Yes, there will be, but I do not know when to say when.

I therefore invite you to follow the blog Pigchic. com. As soon as the news will give presentations will be made official on the site. What are the plans and dreams for the future of Demeter? Finish college, adopt a cat and work in fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment